Entry requirement: In order to attend this course, learners must have at least a pass in City & Guilds 2D programme 7579-03-301
Duration: 32-week course starting in October 2012 until May 2013.
* Understand the difference between 2D draughting and 3D modelling and wire frame, surface and solid models;
* Render solid and surface models;
* Coordinate systems and visualisation using UCS and WCS;
* Control the visibility of layers in individual floating view ports;
* Edit and construct wire frames using point filters;
* Build 3D solid models from primitives and using Boolean editing;
* Draw orthographic projections of 3D models in paper space;
* Build and insert 3D blocks with attributes.
Method of learning: lessons, hands-on, practical work, discussions and presentations
Feedback/Assessment: On-going assessment, portfolio, practical exercises, assignment, online test.
Certification/Award: This course will enable learners to sit for C&G programme 7579-03 Level 3.
Access to next level of education/training: This course takes only 12 learners per class.
There is an additional fee of (€58.23) for course notes and computer requisites.
NOTE:The Directorate for Lifelong Learning shall be receiving applications between Monday 13th and Friday 31st August 2012 from 8.30am till noon. Please note that applications submitted through the internet (online) are more efficient as these are processed directly by the computer programme system. Kindly note that use of Internet Explorer is necessary for the application to be duly processed