Entry Requirement: learners need to at least successfully completed MQF level 1 or acquired a School Leaving Certificate Standard in the German Language. Other adult learners with a comparable level of German may also join this course.
Duration: 10 sessions of 2 hours each week starting January 2013 - March 2013.
* Practise incidental conversation covered during the language class sessions
* Express oneself in everyday use of the current German language
* Engage in a conversation
* Research further the German culture and traditions through exchange of information during the conversation sessions
* Interact during discussions, presentation and role-plays held during class sessions
* Explain own thoughts verbally
* Pronounce clearly the words pronounced when speaking this language
General Objectives: The aim of these 10 sessions is to practice incidental conversation covered in the language class. Sessions will be based on oral work carried out in group or class interactive discussions, role plays, dialogue and conversations. By the end of this course, participants will attain greater autonomy in expressing themselves in everyday current German. Through active participation, conversation skills and a better understanding of spoken discourse will develop. These classes will also promote an interest in and enjoyment of the German culture and traditions.
Method of teaching: discussions, presentations and role-plays.
Feedback/Assessment: no formal assessment will take place however the adult educator will give on-going feedback on the progress of learners with regards to the conversation and comprehension skills in the subject.
Venue/s: Blata l-Bajda, Gzira, Mosta
Certificate/Award: Certificate of Attendance based on 80% of regular attendance.
NOTE: The Directorate for Lifelong Learning shall be receiving applications between Monday 13th and Friday 31st August 2012 from 8.30am till noon. Please note that applications submitted through the internet (online) are more efficient as these are processed directly by the computer programme system. Kindly note that use of Internet Explorer is necessary for the application to be duly processed