Entry Requirement: no particular entry course requirement is necessary for this level.
Duration: 32-week course starting in October 2012 until May 2013.
* Recognise frequently written text types such as newspaper headlines, simple manuals, invitations, etc. and the manner to write basic personal information;
* Write personal details in basic form-filling;
* Comprehend simple utterances delivered slowly and clearly articulated;
* Read and understand short simple sentences, notices and signs;
* Adopt a positive attitude in communicating in the French language.
Method of teaching: discussions, lessons, presentations and out-of-class activities.
Feedback/Assessment: on-going assessment, lifelong learning portfolio, oral & written exercises, presentation and final assessment.
Venue/s: Lifelong Learning Centre Msida
Certification/Award: General Education Award in French Language. The Malta Qualifications Council deems this General Education Award (15 credits) to be at Level 1 of the Malta Qualifications Framework (MQF) and of the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong learning.
Access to next level of education/training: after successfully completing this course, learners can then take up this course at SEC level or move to level 2 in order to prepare for the eventual SEC level.
NOTE: The Directorate for Lifelong Learning shall be receiving applications between Monday 13th and Friday 31st August 2012 from 8.30am till noon. Please note that applications submitted through the internet (online) are more efficient as these are processed directly by the computer programme system. Kindly note that use of Internet Explorer is necessary for the application to be duly processed.